Video Conferencing App By Google
Google Meet is a video conferencing app. It is the business-oriented version of Google’s Hangouts platform and is suitable for businesses of all sizes. The solution enables users to make video calls with up to 30 users per high-definition video meeting.
The app allows users to join pre-scheduled meetings from calendar events, choose a link, enter meeting code, and even dial in from their phones if the invitation includes a phone number. Google Meet integrates with G Suite versions of Google Calendar and Gmail and shows the complete list of participants and scheduled meetings. It shows a “join” button for users to connect to the meeting and provides options to mute and turn off the video during the meeting.
Google Meet allows users to dial in phone numbers to access meetings, thus enabling users with slow or no internet connection to call in. However, dial-in numbers are only available to the G Suite enterprise edition customers.
Here is the good news – Google has re-engineered this service and made it free for you
Now you can enjoy all of this service for free.
Maybe you have not noticed google meet has also been added into your Gmail web account just at the right corner like you can see in mine here where you have Start a meeting & Join a meeting.
This, I believe would be another very important video conferencing tool to take advantage of at a time like this. Keep your meetings, classes and discussion going with Google meet
Pros and Cons
Here are some reviews from software advice
- Very easy to use and effective. I love the minimalist user interface. It does not suck up too much battery.
- Love using this tool at work! Very easy to use and communicate at work with coworkers without interrupting them too much!
- It’s easy to use, and it never got me disconnected. A powerful and nice software. I recommend it to anyone.
- The only disadvantage is that when there are connections with low bandwidth, the video freezes a lot, but the alternative of making only voice calls solves it.
- Desktop plugin sometimes freezes but while it is running correctly it is great
- I’m fine with this software, however, voice calls are not its strong suit.
So, go ahead and start a meeting with Google meet today!