It is essential to have a site that ranks well on Google, attracts engagements, and is highly sought after. It is also important to grow a business by expanding horizons and working towards increasing traffic on such websites.
However, you cannot achieve this if the website is not well analyzed for SEO purposes. Therefore, to boost a website’s visibility, it is good to know how to conduct a full website audit like Search Engine Optimization, website speed, competitive analysis, user experience, etc.
The following steps would help to analyze a website for Search Engine Optimization purposes:
1. Perform an SEO audit:
To analyze a website for SEO purposes, the first thing is to perform a Search Engine Optimization audit. This is a method of accessing a website to see if it is highly ranked on search engines. In performing an SEO audit, the first thing is to crawl the website using website tools like Ubersuggest.
Then, do a manual Google search to see how well the website performs to know where to put more effort. Also, be certain that only a version of the site is browsable. Perform on-page technical SEO checks and control internal and external links. Also, monitor the site speed, check the off-site SEO and do a backlink audit.
2. Run a Website Speed Test:
The second step to analyze a website for SEO purposes is to run a website’s speed test. Speed test is a web service that gives room for a free analysis of internet access performance metrics such as latency and connection data rate. Since the internet is like a path, sometimes it might be really clumsy and, other times, very free and quick to access. However, users will stay on the site if it runs at a fast speed. It is important to run a website speed test because it helps to know the state of the website and the particular area that needs to be worked on. Some tools like Google PageSpeed Insight, Pingdom, GTmetrix, Byte Check, Load Impact, and so on can be used to run a website speed test.
There are certain steps involved in running a website speed test to get more accurate results for users which include:
1. Running many tests as possible.
2. Performing tests from different locations.
3. Turning on the website caching.
4. Checking the performance of the website firewall.
5. Understanding website speed test results
3. Run competitor analysis:
Another way to analyze a website for SEO purposes is to run a competitor analysis. This has to do with identifying the major competitors of one’s website, researching their products, sales, and marketing techniques. It is important to run a competitive analysis because it helps to think wide and create more business strategies above competitors’. With competitive analysis you also know how the website works and how it can be improved. It also helps the website owner know trending issues and how to work hard to place his website on top of other search engines and make it highly sought after. To run a competitor analysis, these steps can be followed:
1. Ascertain website competitors: A website owner must ascertain who his website competitors are to know the area to work on.
2. Ascertain the kinds of products that those competitors offer.
3. Dig deep into the strategies used by the competitors and devise ways to imbibe them to improve the website’s traffic and visibility.
4. Compare the competitors’ pricing system to yours and make necessary adjustments.
5. A website owner must meet up with competitive shipping costs.
6. Look closely at how other competitors market their products, goods, and services.
7. Study the competitors’ method of creating content.
8. Take note of the competitors’ technological ideas and innovations.
9. Dig deep into the amount of traffic on competitors’ content.
10. Study competitors’ marketing strategies and research their social media visibility and techniques to attract traffic and engagement.
4. Do an analysis of the website traffic:
Another way of analysing a website for Search Engine Optimization purposes is to run an accurate analysis of the website traffic. Website traffic refers to the web users that visit a website. A website’s traffic is measured based on visits or sessions. This helps to measure a business’s online presence and availability.
Therefore, website traffic analysis has to do with gathering and interpreting key data points that describe a site’s web traffic. It mostly refers to the information about every user of one’s website. It is important to know the level of engagement and traffic on a website to know the level of work to be done to boost the site and increase its visibility on search engines. The following can be done to do an analysis of your website traffic:
- Note the source of your website’s traffic: In order to analyze website traffic, the website owner should take note of the number of people that visit the page and where they are coming from. It will be easy to track where the site has been boosted if the website traffic is carefully studied.
- Aspire for more pages per session or visit: Another way to analyze a website’s traffic is to study the pages that readers view whenever they visit the site. This will help them to aspire for more posts, and the website traffic will increase.
- Study your website audience: In order to analyze a website’s traffic, it is important to study the website audience and the kinds of viewers received by the site.
- Make a monthly marketing report: It is good to make a monthly marketing report. This will help to know the state of the website and the adjustment that needs to be made on it.
- Cherish time on page and organise campaigns: In an attempt to analyze a page’s traffic, a website owner should cherish the time that users spend on the page and organize campaigns to boost the page’s engagement and visibility.
So, there you have it. With this knowledge, you can analyse a website for SEO purposes and be seen as an expert in the SEO field.